Wednesday, 2 October 2019

Wedding Card with a difference...

Hi! This is Ruth!

I get asked to make personalised and bespoke cards quite a lot and sometimes with a specific brief.  For this card, it was to be an autumn themed Wedding card, with flowers, lots of white and to show the Bride and Grooms names.

 I started off with two A5 sized card blanks - one I cut in half against the fold and ran this through an LDRS embossing folder.  I sometimes struggle with the 'join' as the embossing folder is usually not big enough, but this time and have to hide it with ribbon or other papers - but this time - spot the join!!  I then added this panel to the card blank.


I then cut lots of flowers using the Delicate Daisy cluster die set - I've not used the biggest daisy as it was too big for what I need.  When you think you have enough flowers, cut some more!!  I will be layering these up and need lots!  Plus if I don't use them all, I can add them to other projects. 


Next I printed the sentiment on my computer and I made sure the size was right by making the word document (I use word for all my printing - just makes sense to me!) is the correct width as per the sheet of card I'm using.  I hold the A4 sheet to the screen to make sure its the same size.  And then I hold the dies over the wording to make sure its the right size.  I've used a Spellbinders die for the sentiment and then a Posydoodles Circles die for the layer.


I added a border of dotted liquid pearls as sometimes the embossed edge of a panel looks a bit unfinished, plus with this being a Wedding card, I could add a bit more interest.  I cut some thin strips of card for the flower stems and started to lay out where I wanted the flowers to go and then built up the layers as I went.


The smallest flowers were added with foam pads for extra depth and I just merrily added the layers plus some onto the sentiment as it looked a bit bare.  The sentiment circle was added with foam pads so it stood out a little more from the card.  I then coloured three of the oak leaves from the Beary Cute die set with Promarkers and added them to the stems, with a bow made from embroidery thread from my stash.
I raided my stash of half pearls to find the most 'autumnal' colours and added these - there are two different sizes.  I use glossy accents as a glue for half pearls, just so they don't ping off!

Hope you've enjoyed my step by step!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, we love reading your comments so leave them here...if you need to contact us about anything please email us via the website contact form.

09 10